We went on a cruise around the Hawaiian Islands with my parents this last week. It was so much fun! I think the easiest way to tell about it will be to do a day at a time. So here it is...
Friday: We flew out this day and stayed the night in a Hotel off of Wikiki Beach in Honalulu. We just had dinner and were so tired. So we just walked around a little bit!
Saturday: Today we didn't board the ship till late afternoon, so we took a tour bus for a ride around town and to Pearl Harbor. This was Jimmy's first time there. It is a great experience to see the names and to remember all those who died. I couldn't imagine what it would have been like.
Safety Check!!
Sunday: This was our first day in Maui. The Best Island! We didn't have an excursion this day so we rented a car and drove about an hour to Kanapali Beach and Laheina to see all the different parts of the island. It's so beautiful there!!
TANK!!
Monday: Day two in Maui was so fun! Our first excursion was Snorkeling. We rode a boat out to two different spots to snorkel. This was Jimmy's first time and we couldn't drag him or my dad out of the water! We saw lots of turtles and Jimmy even saw an Octopus!! That night we had a Tapenyaki style dinner, where they cook in front of you. It was yummy!
Tuesday: We were in Hilo which is on the big island of Hawaii. This day we Hiked a volcano and went to Akaka Falls. It was fun! How often to you get to see the top of a volcano?? I was kinda nervous!
Akaka Falls
Wednesday: Today was Jimmy's favorite excursion! We were on the other side of Hawaii in Kona. There is a Kona Temple(Where Steve Young got married) so we went to see that and we had our first coconut juice(don't ever get one! YUCK) then we went Parasailing! It was Beautiful there! The water so clear we could see Dolphins swimming from the air! Amazing!!
Thursday: Today was our first day in Kauai. We loved how green it was! This island is where they filmed lots of movies. (ex.Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones) Since our excursion for the day was the Luau, we had the whole day really to do whatever we wanted. So we rode the shuttle into the closest little town and shopped around and then laid on the nearest beach. This was the first time I swam in the ocean. It was actually really nice. The water was warm and the waves were calm. Then that night we went to the Luau. You can't go to Hawaii without going to a Luau. It was a big show and very interesting food. Jimmy loved the pork and tried to do all the dances! Oh and I got a turtle tattoo before dinner! For some reason it washed off in the shower!! haha
Friday: This was our second day in Kauai and it was only a half day so we just got breakfast and walked around, then played cards and hung out on the boat.
After Dinner one night!
Saturday: We got off the Ship that morning and rented a car to drive to Laie, which was on the other side of the Island. It was only about an hour and a half drive. But on the way we stopped at the Dole Pineapple Plantation. It was my favorite thing of the whole week! Just imagine EVERYTHING being pineapple flavored; ice cream, gummy bears, starburst, chocolate, etc. I wanted to buy everything! It was cool. Then we went to the Laie Temple and then spent the rest of the day at the Polynesian Cultural Center. It was a neat experience.
It was so much fun to go to Hawaii! It was our first BIG trip together and we loved it! We are so grateful for all my Parents did and do for us!! We love you Mom and Dad!! THANK YOU!!

I didn't even want to look at this post. I knew I was going to hate you, but I'm glad I did. You guys are cute. I'm glad you had fun.
ReplyDeleteGolly Jeepers!! I am so jealous!! I have been twice and to most of the same places you have blogged about! I almost feel homesick about it, I miss it so much! I keep telling Josh that we are going someday - hopefully sooner than later :) You guys are the cutest!!
ReplyDeleteSincerely, tiffany (Tijerina) in Corpus Christi TX
Kira! Hey I came across your blog from Shanell's. I am so excited that I am able to get back in touch with you. I hope everything is going well with you...it looks like it is. SO MUCH has happened since we have last seen each other...I got married...had a baby...now we're moving to South Carolina! We need to get in touch. Check out my blog: www.grosscanbeagoodthing.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete-Kristen (Giles) Gross :0)